Win a chance to attend a South Sydney Rabbitohs home match and gain a behind-the-scenes understanding of maths in sport. To be eligible students must participate in The South Sydney STEM Cup (access here), an online maths challenge based on the real-world career of the South Sydney’s Football Club’s Capologist, Peter Legg.
Teachers are invited to join a free webinar with Day of STEM industry mentor, Nathan Holland, Cisco Internet of Things architect, who is featured on The South Sydney STEM Cup (information below).
To win a South Sydney STEM Cup Match Experience:
- Students register & explore The South Sydney STEM Cup (access here) and then run the Capologist Field Trip before 18 May, 2018.
- Students select their “dream roster” for the 2018 season by assigning player salaries based on 2017 performance statistics.
- Goal: Select the best Rabbitohs team roster while keeping the team’s total salaries under the National Rugby League salary cap.
- Results compared automatically to those of the real South Sydney Football Club Capologist, Peter Legg.
- Top Students and the top School win the South Sydney STEM Cup Match Experience.
South Sydney STEM Cup Experience:
- Students will win tickets to attend the South Sydney Football Club match (1st June vs Dragons at ANZ Stadium)
- Students will be recognised at half-time of their achievement by Rabbitohs and AAMT.
|South Sydney STEM Cup (Access here)|
|Suitable for Grades 7+|
|Time needed: 45 minutes +|
The South Sydney STEM Cup is supported by the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers (AAMT).
Webinar: Day of STEM Mentor Series – Nathan Holland
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM EST
The Day of STEM Mentor Series is a unique opportunity for teachers to meet the mentors and gain an insight into the diversity of exciting STEM careers of the future and the career skills needed to achieve success. This webinar is also useful for teachers interested in the STEM Cup programs.
Nathan Holland will discuss his role at Cisco where he uses the Internet of Things (IoT) to remotely control large autonomous vehicles around Australia. He will talk about his career journey and how to pursue a career in this next wave of disruptive technologies.