Win a chance to attend a South Sydney Rabbitohs home match and gain a behind-the-scenes understanding of maths in sport. To be eligible students must participate in The South Sydney STEM Cup (access here), an online maths challenge based on the real-world career of the South Sydney’s Football Club’s Capologist, Peter Legg.
To win a South Sydney STEM Cup Match Experience:
- Students register & explore The South Sydney STEM Cup (access here) and then run the Capologist Field Trip before 25 May, 2018.
- Students select their “dream roster” for the 2018 season by assigning player salaries based on 2017 performance statistics.
- Goal: Select the best Rabbitohs team roster while keeping the team’s total salaries under the National Rugby League salary cap.
- Results compared automatically to those of the real South Sydney Football Club Capologist, Peter Legg.
- Top Students and the top School win the South Sydney STEM Cup Match Experience.
South Sydney STEM Cup Experience:
- Students will win tickets to attend the South Sydney Football Club match (1st June vs Dragons at ANZ Stadium)
- Students will be recognised at half-time of their achievement by Rabbitohs and AAMT.
|South Sydney STEM Cup (Access here)|
|Suitable for Grades 7+|
|Time needed: 60 minutes +|
The South Sydney STEM Cup is supported by the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers (AAMT).