Win a chance to attend a Collingwood Football Club match and gain a behind-the-scenes understanding of maths in sport. To be eligible students must participate in The Collingwood STEM Cup (access here), an online maths challenge based on the real-world career of Collingwood Football Club’s Capologist, Dominic Milesi.
To win a Collingwood STEM Cup Match Experience:
- Students register & explore The Collingwood STEM Cup (access here) and then run the Capologist Field Trip before 2nd of July, 2018.
- Students select their “dream roster” for the 2018 season by assigning player salaries based on performance statistics.
- Goal: Select the best Collingwood team roster while keeping the team’s total salaries under the AFL salary cap.
- Results compared automatically to those of the real Collingwood Football Club Capologist, Dominic Milesim.
- Top students receive the Collingwood STEM Cup Match Experience.
Collingwood STEM Cup Match Experience:
- Students will win tickets to attend the Collingwood Football Club match on the 21st July, 2018 at Melbourne Cricket Ground against North Melbourne.
- Students will receive recognition at half-time of their achievement.
|Collingwood STEM Cup (Access here)|
|Suitable for Grades 7+|
|Time needed: 45 minutes +|
The Collingwood STEM Cup is supported by the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers (AAMT).